Join Cleveland Metroparks in collaboration with Baldwin Wallace students as the Adventure University Series continues!
Take a break from your winter activities, come inside, and join us for our winter program series designed to give Greater Cleveland's outdoor adventurers a place to meet, socialize, share and learn about the outdoor pursuits they love and enjoy.
If your sense of adventure gets diminished a bit in the winter, you aren't going to want to miss out on our third Adventure University Series program. Join John MacDonald as he showcases his backpacking trip around Iceland. See beautiful pictures, while hearing stories that will entice you to go home and book your flight to Iceland or the adventure you have been dreaming of! Learn beginner tips and tricks from a seasoned backpacker and stick around for the other breakout sessions followed by an adventure social.
6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
- Keynote: John MacDonald - Director of Student Wellness, Akron University
- Breakouts: Adventures for All, Having Adventures with Kids, Backpacking 101
- Activity: Try Handcycling
Adventure University Series continues in April with a Gear Swap, so check out our final day of our Adventure University Series below.
April 29 - Gear Swap & Workshops
Baldwin Wallace University Lou Higgins Center, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Keynote: Gear Swap - sell your gear, bikes, kayaks, and more
- Breakouts: Local Cleveland Adventures, Trip Planning 101, YOU Present!
- Activity: Try Gear Repair
Pre-registration preferred, but registration at the door is available.